Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New House Update

I really love our new house. We have a lot to be thankful for. After Shelli's 4 week battle with some weird infection she is back on her feet again so we are starting to actually get our stuff unpacked. I could have done it, but if you know her knack for making a place look legit you would understand why I haven't done anything. Shelli doesn't decorate by going to Pier One or Hobby Lobby or purchasing the latest Live, Laugh, Love piece or some other overdone cutesy saying. I am not trying to insult anyone here, just trying to communicate our style.

Shelli decorates with a unique flair that is not trendy. It transends time and you can't really say its from one time period or another. For example... She had me pick up an old cream can from our old farm place and she is using it as a fire place accent. Or better yet, she just got done refurbishing 2 pieces of furniture that were left out in the barn by the previous owners. Shelli turned them into a dining room buffet and a living room cabinet. I saw a piece just like it in Crate and Barrel for $1500. I am thankful that she can decorate for almost free. She does have a paint allowance that she seems to spend quite readily!

I guess I have contributed to the homeyness of our home in 2 ways... I threw out a 40year old couch one day and came home with a new one. I did the same with a chair. She liked my selection so my eye must not be too bad. I am thankful that the Lord gives us grace to spend money on couches when many cultures just sit on the floor. We did stuggle with that a bit. My conviction means we must use it to glorify the Lord. So come over and use it!

All in all our house is so much more comfortable than our last one. Shelli is working on our guest room as I write... because we want guests. The guest room is going to put her over her paint allowance so make sure you comment on her choice.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment