Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I think everything should be a pasture

In my attempt to treat all parcels of grass like a pasture I killed my lawn. I don't like yard work. We over paid the neighbor boy to mow our lawn in Creighton. We didn't pay anybody to take care of the lawn here and it died. It was kind of a blessing for a while because we were out of money and didn't have a mower and didn't need to buy one! However, it caught up to us.

We want to thank my brother Chad for re-planting our lawn. Our underground sprinklers are tempermental so we didn't use them. It got too dry so the grass died. Woops. (My dad said, you can't kill a lawn it just goes dormant!) Nope, we killed it. Anyway, Chad confirmed my diagnosis and he replanted it with a more water conserving grass. I am thankful that he did this. Now I just would like to see it grow. Our soil here is of poor quality, but we are asking the Lord to bless it!

We are learning to use our touchy lawn watering system. Shelli and I generally do not like watering the lawn. Mostly because my boss overwatered their lawn and it seemed their life revolved around mowing a 5 acre lawn 2 days a week for countless hours. I guess there is a happy medium.

I did learn many new things about a sprinkler system... I was even told by the underground sprinkler person that I could have a weekend job now because I have fixed the system twice! Shocking for me to fix anything other than an animal!

No comments:

Post a Comment