Friday, April 22, 2011

Eye Opening Anesthesia

I am writing from St. Louis. For the first time in my life I saw a person come out of anesthesia...and it was my wife. Everyday, I use the exact same drug they used on Shelli, Propofol, (the drug Michael Jackson made famous) to induce my surgery patients. I act like it is no big deal. Well, when its your wife, it suddenly becomes a big deal. Watching Shelli become unconcious and trusting some anesthetist to keep her alive was something I don't want to experience again. When they brought Shelli out of surgery, they wheeled her into the recovery room and I was constantly taking her pulse and respiration rates. She looked so peaceful, and so not alive. I kept waking her up and making her talk, even though she has no memory of this. I am praising the Lord that she is now wide awake. Now I am cheering her on to get well soon, because she is so so sick from all the hormones that decided to go out of control post superovulation. We were totally not prepared for Shelli to be so sick. Jesus, heal her fast... and then once we get through all this please give us 1or 2 babies this summer! Yeah for no more anesthesia.

1 comment:

  1. Get well Shelli!

    Side Note: Even though I'm still your lone faithful follower, I'm absolutely SURE I'm not your only reader! Keep on blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete