Sunday, September 12, 2010

A New Chapter

God is writing a new chapter in our life. We have spent the first 2 years of marriage living in a century old farmhouse on an acreage outside of Creighton. I have known for a while that Creighton wouldn't be our longterm home, but we really liked it there and felt that God was very good to us. We love our church family in O'Neill and finding a new Church will be so difficult. We will have to refrain from comparisons because it will be impossible to replicate. If you have ever fallen in love with your Church you know what I am talking about.

Although I knew at some point we would be moving, my boss helped me on my way by laying me off. I was a so called "victim" of this recession. In retrospect, I feel like it was a blessing. I hope I continue to feel that way in the future. The clinic wasn't making as much money as it used to and my boss didn't know how to handle it in any other way than to terminate my position. I have to admit that it was kind of weird, because I am better at collecting money from my clients and generating small animal and equine revenue than my boss... but I was never asked to help solve the clinics financially woes. I was just asked to be taken off the payroll. Ultimately it was a shock, mainly because 4 months prior, my boss told me my job was secure as long as I wanted to work there.

After a lot of interviews and some job offers I decided to take the job at Shelli's clinic. This is such a HUGE answer to prayer. It was the last position offered to me. After 6 weeks of Brad searching for jobs, we were getting ready to accept positions in Iowa. Moving to Iowa would have been fine professionally, but we felt a huge tug to stay in closer proximity to our family and friends we love so much.

So, with my new job, I am trying to transition into the Veterinarian In Charge at Norfolk Veterinary Clinic within the next year. At this time, the clinic sees only small animals. I feel like this is a great fit for me. I was tired of shoving my arm up a the rectum of a bovine everyday and going out in to sub freezing temperatures all winter. I have become permanantly afraid of getting cold. I can not explain the dread in my heart that happened frequently at 2 AM, during a snowstorm, when the phone rang and the farmer on the other end said "Doc, I need you to come put a uterus back in. She shoved the whole thing out." I will write more about my large animal adventures later...

I am also excited to write about our new house we purchased. We have had our ups and downs with home ownership... but when we get a few kinks out of the way I think we are going to love it! We bought a house that will be great for hosting visitors... so please plan on taking us up on future invitations!

No comments:

Post a Comment